Yes, dear readers, it is true! I was nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award.
You would think this would be old hat for me by now. After all this is not my first award, thank you very much. But no. I am always shocked and amazed that someone would choose my blog on which to bestow such a compliment. My blog is almost entirely me staring at my navel and rambling on about me, with plenty of pictures of… well… me. It’s definitely an exercise in vanity. But I’m so glad that people choose to read it and if they occasionally learn something or get inspired, then even better!
That makes me very happy.
There are some rules that come along with accepting the award and I shall do my best to play be the rules (for a change).
1. Say thank you.
2. Share seven things about yourself.
It’s really getting quite difficult to come up with things that you don’t know about me. If you’re a frequent reader of my blog, you know almost everything there is to know by now! Let’s see…
- I have a small scar on my chin.
- I’ve had not one, but TWO moles removed from my nose.
- I really, really, really like to have my picture taken. Shocking, I know.
- I am happy most of the time, but I have to work harder at it than you might think.
- I’m not entirely sure what my natural hair color would be.
- I met most of the friends I’ve made as an adult because of the internet.
- I’ve a gym membership that I’ve yet to use once in 2012.
3. Nominate other blogs.
Hmm… some say to nominate 15 blogs, some say to nominate seven. I’m not sure I even read seven blogs. So I’m going to just nominate one person. She truly does inspire me and I love how she’s transformed her blog into a powerful tool that allows her to pursue her favorite passion: books. That’s right. Those of you who know us both have already guessed who I’m talking about.
The blogger who inspires me most is Kelly of KellyVision. Kelly is awesome. Kelly lives in Baltimore. I do not get to see Kelly nearly enough. I daydream about moving into Kelly’s building right across the hall so I can come over and we can order pizza and watch movies together all the time. I’m not sure if this particular fantasy will scare Kelly or not, but I’m leaving it in. I love you, Kelly!