Thank you, Teri! I’ve only recently started reading your blog, but I admire your candor. It’s refreshing to read a blog that isn’t afraid to tackle the tough (but fun!) topics of dating and casual sex. I’m not nearly as brave here on my own blog, so I have great respect for women who are willing to put it all out there.
Being a “Versatile Blogger” comes with rules. I’ve included them at the bottom of this post, should you decide to play along. I honestly don’t know if I even follow 15 blogs, but I will give it my best shot!
15 Seven Blogs
- KellyVision: Kelly is one of my favorite people and I consider her a good friend (even though we don’t spend nearly enough time together). We met through our Vox blogs. Her blog is dedicated to the tremendous amount of books, TV, movies and pop culture she devours each year. “Things I’m Obsessed With” is my favorite regular feature.
- Dispatches from The Tome Zone: Tom is one of the oddest people I know. This is a compliment. I have the distinguished honor of being the first comment on his first blog at Vox. Lately, his blog seems to be about movies. But really, you never know what you’re going to find over there!
- Stevil: I enjoy Steve’s blog a lot. I know he’s a fellow Vox refugee, but I don’t think we interacted much there. Many of my blog friends are Steve’s blog friends and I just kept leaving (annoying?) comments until he finally noticed me. Ha! And now he has the dubious distinction of being my most frequent commentator and a founding member of our Album Club.
- javajanie: I love Janie. She is awesome. That’s all you need to know.
- Gingersister’s Blog: Bekki is a very cool chick. She’s spiritual, literate and witty. She’s also resourceful! If I found myself in a spot of trouble, I would definitely seek her advice.
- Rubber Hose: I’m sure the illustrious and talented Upyernoz could care less about blog awards, but I’ve been (sporadically, I admit) reading his blog since my TypePad days. Arabic brought us together.
- Lost in Singledom: I don’t remember how I stumbled upon Melanie’s blog, but it’s well-written and entertaining. And I’m certain her Mr. Right is just around the next corner.
Seven 15 Things About Me
- I was born in the Year of the Dragon.
- Red is my favorite color.
- I am obsessed with owls.
- I have been to Africa, but have never been to South America.
- My passport is expired.
- I’m 35 and live with my parents.
- I have one (rockstar) son.
- I was unemployed for 13 months before finding my current job, which I’ve held for over two years and counting. Yay, me!
- I love Twitter. I tweet. A lot.
- I have questionable taste in music, jewelry and quite often, men.
- I am the sole member of my team’s Sunshine Committee. I guess that makes me the Chairperson?
- I have about seven blogs. That’s crazy. If you’re not even sure how many blogs you have? You definitely have too many.
- Batman is my favorite superhero, although I consider myself much more of a Marvel fangirl.
- There is never enough time to read all the books or see all the movies I want.
- I couldn’t come up with 15 blogs to recommend, but I can talk about myself endlessly, so I switched the requirements. Sorry!
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award. [That’s all it takes to win! Man, I know Rooney Mara wishes the Oscars worked this way! – J.]
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.