I was super excited when my January Birchbox came in the mail!
And what do I do when I get super excited? I take about a million pictures.
OMG, IT’S PINK!!!
OMG, IT’S THE BOX!!!
Yep. Still the box. Believe it or not, I didn’t include every picture I took in this post.
The theme for January is “Clarity”.
I was really impressed with the packaging and extra material included in the box.
At least one of these photos is totally gratuitous, but I thought the pink tissue paper and simple black ribbon was too adorable not to capture on film.
And finally, we come to the products! This is what it’s all about, right?
I’ve already sampled everything and here are my first impressions:
- Juicy Couture Juicy Couture: I’m not a huge fan of the Juicy Couture brand and that’s okay. I don’t think I’m Juicy’s target demographic. Its eponymous scent is described as a “sweet floral” and it’s sweet alright. It reminds me of the scents I used to wear in high school. I don’t hate it, but I think I’m just a little too old for Juicy Couture.
- Miracle Skin Transformer Treat & Conceal: In general, I’m a fan of powder foundation and concealer. But this stuff is kind of amazing. The card says it’s designed to “correct, cover and protect”. I can’t speak to how it treats, but damn, this stuff does conceal. I tried it on my bare face – no primer, no foundation – and it covered my yucky problem pores like magic.
- VMV Hypoallergenics Re-Everything: Eye Serum: I don’t think I have a big problem with dark circles. Maybe I’m in denial? I patted some of this serum on and it left a nice, refreshed feel to the skin under my eyes. I’ll use it for a week or so and see if I notice anything different.
- Zoya Nail Polish in Megan: I’m already sporting a pretty sweet manicure in Sephora by OPI’s Domestic Goddess, so I haven’t tried this yet. But I love purple (obviously) and I’m eager to try the pale pastel trend.
- ‘wichcraft Granola: This stuffy is surprisingly yummy. I like granola, but I don’t love it so I wasn’t expecting much. This was a small sample, so I just popped it in my mouth straight out of the pack. And I was impressed. I liked it enough to look it up online and discovered it’s the brainchild of Tom Colicchio, of Top Chef fame, and his ‘wichcraft sandwich shops.
Just when I thought it couldn’t get better, I found this list of Mini Detoxes in the bottom of my box. There are some fun tips here. I did something very similar with my own closet as part of my New Year’s Resolutions. And then I flipped the card over and found one last little love note.
Thanks, Birchbox! I can’t remember the last time something that only cost $10 made me so happy!